BORONGAN CITY, August 9, 2017–The civic military parade held annually as part of Borongan City’s fiesta will be held on September 6 instead of September 7, a top city official said.
In Hirohimangraw ha Rawis Resort, City Administrator Reynaldo Dorado said the fiesta executive committee and the city local government agreed to move the said parade a day earlier to highlight the Padul-ong Festival which will take place on September 7.
Aside from national and local government agencies, financial and other business institutions, contestants in the Marching Band Competition and entries to the Lechon Parade will also be part of the parade that will take off at the Provincial Capitol.
In the past, Padul-ong Festival contingents were placed in between participating agencies making the parade last until 12:00 noon, as in last year.
“The city government is ready for the celebration of the fiesta both in terms of security and logistical concerns,” Dorado said. (Medora NB Quirante / Este News)